“Societies exist under three forms [of government] sufficiently distinguishable. 1. Without government, as among our Indians. 2. Under governments wherein the will of everyone has a just influence, as is the case in England in a slight degree, and in our states in a great one.
3. Under governments of force: as is the case in all other monarchies and in most of the other republics.
To have an idea of the curse of existence under these last, they must be seen. It is a government of wolves over sheep. It is a problem, not clear in my mind, that the 1st. condition is not the best. But I believe it to be inconsistent with any great degree of population.
The second state has a great deal of good in it. The mass of mankind under that enjoys a precious degree of liberty and happiness. It has it’s evils too: the principal of which is the turbulence to which it is subject.
But weigh this against the oppressions of monarchy, and it becomes nothing. Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem. Even this evil is productive of good. It prevents the degeneracy of government and nourishes a general attention to the public affairs. I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical. Unsuccessful rebellions indeed generally establish the encroachments on the rights of the people which have produced them. An observation of this truth should render honest republican governors so mild in their punishment of rebellions, as not to discourage them too much. It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government.”
Thomas Jefferson in a letter to James Madison, January 30,1787.
It is not my belief that his views are expressed, nor should be taken, literally. That said a “voter revolution” (my words) in which constitutional conservatives come out to vote for freedom in mass this November is the only way to head our country in a more just and freedom oriented direction.
Jefferson used the phrase “Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem”, translated into English as“I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery“. I don’t know my Latin, but that translation has a more contemporary meaning and has relevance to an article found on Ammoland.com on September 14th:
“A Reference Guide to Joe Biden’s War on Guns”
Posted on September 14, 2022
by Lee Williams www.ammoland.com
Lee Williams, is chief editor for Gun Owners of America investigative journalism project. His title says it all, but he further explains “The Biden-Harris Administration’s war on guns is the most comprehensive and multi faceted gun control scheme[s] ever created!”
The Ammoland article summarizes many – I’m confident there’s others – initiatives underway to limit, restrict or even remove law abiding firearms owners of their God given right to defend themselves, or participate in shooting sports and hunting endeavors. All of this is being done with the stated purpose of “saving lives” and eliminating “gun violence” – a charade at best! To help wade through the muddy waters, following are just some of the current tenants of the gun control agenda, extracted the Williams article:
- 2020 Campaign Promises:
- Ending our Gun Violence Epidemic
- Get “weapons of war” off our streets
- Ban the manufacture and sale of “assault eapons” and high-capacity magazines.
- Re-categorize assault weapons under the National Firearms Act of 1934, the same law that placed an excise tax on the purchase of fully automatic firearms – like the Thompson sub-machine gun – and created in effect the 1st “gun registry” for affected arms.
- Require universal background checks to end private sales of firearms
- “Ration” firearm purchases to one gun per month.
- Create additional classes of persons (to be defined) to be included as those “prohibited” from purchasing/owing firearms.
- Providing states and local governments “incentives” to enact Red Flag laws and other restrictions on local gun owners.
- Weaponizing the ATF
- Creating an “army” of federal agents to carry out new regulations
- Providing $1.7B new funding to “expand” ATF efforts in regulation, and modernizing the NTC.
- Install an equally anti-gun agency head – i.e., Steve Dettelbach.
- Unleash the ATF on American Firearm Owners
- Create an untouchable federal police force free from oversite
- Conducting unconstitutional “knock & talk” citizen visits
- No necessity for Public accountability
- ATF War on Gun Dealers (FFL holders)
- Have a “0” tolerance policy of enforcement
- Crack down on “rogue” FFL’s responsible (their claim) for historically high crime rates.
- FIOA requests for documentation of such “rogue” FFL’s going unanswered for now 14 months since GOA requests.
- Within one year of the announcement of the new policy on gun dealers, FFL revocations increased by 500%
- Misuse of Power
- ATF was given carte-blanch power to “legislate” gun law directly through rule & regulation rather than congressional authority.
- Examples of new, and ever changing rule making embody the issues surrounding pistol braces, aftermarket triggers, and other previously legal firearm modifications.
- War on Homemade Firearms
- Labeling homemade firearms (“ghost guns”) as the gun of choice of many violent criminals
- The Administration’s new “ghost gun” law went into effect in August of this year.
- War on Blue States
- Lacking support from “red” state governors, and support in Congress, leverage friendly Democrat governors to pass local restrictions on firearms which would never pass the House and Senate nationally.
- Bills passed at the state level have mimicked exactly the anti-gun philosophy of the Biden administration.
- While few in numbers, more (blue) states passing “common sense” anti-firearm legislation will eventually pave the way for national legislation.
Read the entire Ammoland article HERE
My Final Thoughts:
My apologies for the incessant DNC pleas for donations – just ignore – but you’ll probably have blood shooting from your eyeballs when you see the pervasiveness and idiocy of this gun control wisdom!
Read the complete Biden Gun Plan HERE.
Shocking news, never in administration plans & statements, nor in media stories, is there even one mention of any sensible suggestions about dis-arming criminals. To be sure, this is an all holds bared effort geared toward those of us that seldom if ever break the law.
Returning to Mr Jefferson’s quote I used earlier (“I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery”) freedom loving Americans are being herded into slavery by the Progressive left in hopes of peace & tranquility. Like T.J., I prefer to do all I can to maintain my God given right to fend for myself and my loved ones despite the dangers those freedoms may bring upon me
Now, off to another but related topic – VOTE this election! We MUST “throw the bums out” or better said, silence the bullies. With it being an “off” year, with limited offices on the ballot, the only way to silence the Progressive left is to have an overwhelming outpouring of Republican votes in this & all future elections. In Virginia, early voting started on Sept. 23rd, with election day being November 8th. Wouldn’t it nice to see your local Republican candidate(s) out pace any Democrat by a 2:1 margin!
September 29, 2022